Imagpros takes a very hands on approach with shielding and physicist reports. We want to ensure that every Doctor is in compliance with State regulations. As part of our service we will do your shielding plan and register that with the State. This will ensure proper leading requirements for your facility.
We will also fill out the 2579 form and register the equipment on install. Every State has different regulations and our Team of highly trained individuals will ensure that you are compliant. We have very close relationships with local physicists throughout the country.
Every Refurbished system that leaves our facility will be fully tested by a third party physicist group to make sure the system is performing to State Guidelines.
We can also help with full room layout, with drawings for your construction, and with the electrical company to ensure proper setup.
We take regulations very seriously and our Team is ready to help.
What we need for Shielding Plan
- Drawing of the room (with Length x Width)
- What is on each side of the wall?
- Any Windows?
- What floor are you on?
- Anything above/below?
- If yes, what is the material between floors (typical material is steel beam with 2 inches of concrete)
- How many procedures expected per week?How much fluoro time per patient?
- 1/32 inch lead required for Fluoroscopic Procedure Rooms
- 1/16 inch lead required for typical Diagnostic Stationary X-ray Rooms
- Leaded Door – reinforced hinges to support the weight – alternative options can be provided in the “Action Plan”
- Lead can be purchased from ImagPros in 4 feet by 7 feet sheets for installation in the room’s wall construction.
External Monitors and Internet
- Dedicated outlet with 110V with 20 amps for the C-Arm
- All other outlets in the room should be on another circuit
- Cable Management system to avoid cluttering is recommended
- Recessed outlet on floor in middle of the room for C-Arm Table plug in to eliminate trip hazard (for new construction only)